StrategArt is hiring, on behalf of our client, a Sales Manager for Data Center
Our Client is a global data center provider which has the biggest capacity in Indonesia territory. They employ 40,000 people across 57 countries. By bringing together the world’s best technology companies and emerging innovators, they work together to deliver sustainable outcomes to businesses and the world.
Innovation is part of their DNA. They believe it’s key to what makes them different. So, they strive to move forward, challenge the status quo, and drive excellence through the technologies they integrate and the services they deliver around the world. The result is connected cities, connected factories, connected healthcare, connected agriculture, connected conservation, connected mobility, and connected sport. Together we enable the connected future.
About the open position
Sales Managers exist in geographies where bigger sales teams exist. Sales Managers can report into a Sales Director. The Sales Manager takes responsibility for managing a team of Client Managers and/or Sales Specialists. Their primary objective is to achieve their sales targets and to drive the business strategy into the Sales teams through effective allocation of their team’s territories and targets and providing strategic support to the senior Client Managers. They do this by motivating their team members and ensuring outstanding sales performance. Their role is a combination of management, selling, coaching and leadership activities, with the objective of enabling their sales team to meet the sales targets assigned to them.
Manages sales directly to end-users of the organization’s products or services in a large specified geographic area, or is responsible for a specific industry or product segment on a national or geographic basis. Incumbents at the Director and Senior Director level typically manage other sales managers. Incumbents at the Manager level may manage only individual contributor sales account managers and may carry their own sales quota. The incumbent’s level may be determined by the size of the geographic area of responsibility (e.g., region vs. district vs. branch), the size or significance of the industry or product segment for which the incumbent is responsible, or other factors.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sales responsibility for DC business in Indonesia
To be bared whole sales quota of DC business.
- Works with the regional Sales Leadership and decision makers to assist with the development of a sales strategy that will deliver the strategic objectives as outlined in the global and regional organizational strategy.
- Define the way the sales force will approach the market and to determine the targets that the sales force should achieve and strive to exceed.
- Provide input into and ensure that sales procedures and policies as defined by the sales leadership are implemented and followed.
- Drive the alignment to the sales and organisational strategies by creating operational plans and identifying areas for continuous improvement in the sales process.
- Responsible for operational management of the team which, creating and executing on plans and reporting on the team activities in the required forums.
- Engage in account planning and assist the Client Manager in opportunity qualification for large or complex deals.
- Engages with vendors and partners to create go-to-market strategies with their sales teams.
- Act as mentor/coach and advisor that assists the sales force to set and keep to priority activities.
- Take final responsibility for the update and accuracy of sales tools/systems and sales reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Sales business acumen – the skills supporting successful selling through organizational and business outcome mindset. Success will require focusing on planning, leveraging tools and data, and concentrating on company’s business requirements. Developing the skills to understand your client’s business (including commercial and financial aspects) in order to bring value to them from company’s portfolio of services.
- Sales client engagement & management – the skills used to effectively manage and analyze the client throughout the client lifecycle, with the goal of improving client relationships and driving sales growth. Success will require detailed understanding of client needs, effective sales planning, and building trust, all while managing to client expectations. Developing the skills required to know your client, building effective & lasting relationships with them and to be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Sales solution skills – the knowledge of company’s offerings, client applications, use cases and market trends and the skill to apply them to individual client and prospect situations that positions the sales team member as an expert client advisor. Success will require the ability to link company offerings, including high-value services to specific client and prospect needs and outcomes.
- Sales resources optimization – building internal relationships, working with pursuit teams and leveraging vendors as resources throughout the sales cycle.
- Sales pursuit – the skills and knowledge that enable a sales team member to create success by identifying and advancing opportunities at assigned prospects and clients. Success will require both individual ownership as well as accountability for coordinating internal and external resources in order to close sales opportunities.
- Sales strategy execution – The skills to ensure that the sales strategy is aligned to the business strategy.
- Sales business management – the skills to ensure that target setting and associated processes is aligned to meeting the target.
- Sales talent management & enablement – the skills to ensure that results are achieved through effective talent management.
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive relevant experience in similar role within a related environment
- Solid previous experience operationally managing a sales team
- Good experience dealing with clients and engaging to influence sales
- Previous demonstrable experience in the sales management role
- Good strategic and operational planning experience
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Standard career level descriptor for job level:
• Manages activities of two or more units or departments
• Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods and staffing
• May have managers below them
• Sets operational objectives and plans and delegates work to subordinates
• Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation
• Involved in developing and executing policies that affect immediate operational area
• Works on issues that need an in-depth knowledge of organisational objectives
• Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
• Sets and adheres to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements
• Mistakes will cause critical delays in schedules and may impact overall business activities
• Interacts with senior management / executives pertaining to functional areas and/or customers
•Influences others to gain their acceptance without negatively impacting the relationship